Terms and Conditions
BeFrugal reserves the right to amend these Terms and Cash Back at any time without notice.
BeFrugal is owned by Capital Intellect Inc. Use of the services provided by BeFrugal is regulated by the following terms and conditions. By using these services, users consent and agree to these terms and conditions. If a user finds the terms and conditions unacceptable, they should discontinue use immediately.
BeFrugal does not offer any warranties for the products, promotions, coupon codes, and special offers being provided by participating retailers and advertisers. We do not control these retailers, do not endorse them, and are not responsible for any aspects of their websites or businesses.
Retailers can at any time alter or cancel any and all coupons/promotions. Our service involves publishing links to online retailers as well as printable coupons redeemable at brick and mortar establishments. The primary purpose of BeFrugal is to help members save money on all their purchases via Cash Back, coupons, hand-picked deals, money-saving tools and more.
BeFrugal partners with thousands of retail stores to offer you the latest money-saving opportunities. When you follow a link on BeFrugal to visit a store, BeFrugal may earn a commission on purchases made during that store visit. We then share the majority of our earned commission with you, our members, as Cash Back.
Listed below are the rules that apply to any and all contests promoted by BeFrugal:
- Winners are selected at random
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win BeFrugal contests
- Contests are open only to United States residents who are 18 years of age or older
- Requests for substitutions of prizes will not be honored
- All winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees, and all such additional costs that may be incurred
- BeFrugal will not be held responsible for defective products delivered to contest winners
- Winners of contests will have 10 days from the date of their email notification to claim their prize. After 10 days the prize is considered forfeited
- In the case of a prize being no longer available BeFrugal reserves the right to substitute the prize for a different prize of equal value
- BeFrugal may at any time alter contest rules
- Apple is not a sponsor and are not involved in any contests promoted by BeFrugal
Tools & Calculators
The BeFrugal Add-On keeps members up to date on Cash Back and coupon alerts. When the Add-On is installed users will remain logged in to BeFrugal allowing for eligible Cash Back purchases to be automatically recorded. This will eliminate the step of having to log into BeFrugal before shopping.
BeFrugal Cash Back program allows BeFrugal members to receive Cash Back on all of their purchases made through BeFrugal. Qualified retailers will be identified on the website along with the percentage Cash Back amount members will receive. Getting started is simple, just set up a BeFrugal account, and start shopping. Utilizing a BeFrugal account allows members to view Cash Back earned from their BeFrugal qualified purchases.
BeFrugal is not responsible or liable for Program changes or removal of an Affiliated Store, an Affiliated Stores decision to withdraw from the Program and the impact this has on an accrued Cash Back balance. BeFrugal is not responsible or liable for Program changes or removal of coupon codes and/or discounts and the impact this has on an accrued Cash Back balance.
The BeFrugal Program and Applications are provided to members "as is" and with no warranty. BeFrugal may terminate the Program and Applications at any time with or without notice or reason. To the maximum extent permitted by law, BeFrugal disclaims all representations and warranties, express or implied, in regards to the Program and Applications.
The BeFrugal Program and Applications are provided with no guarantee regarding the quality or accuracy of advertisements for products provided by Affiliated Stores. BeFrugal does not guarantee that while using BeFrugal and its Program and Applications the site will be free of errors or interruptions. Also, BeFrugal assumes no liability or responsibility for any damages due to site errors, interruptions or inability to access BeFrugal Programs and Applications.
- Must be age 18 or over
- Individuals only (i.e. no attempts by automated machines/computers to accumulate Cash Back)
- Working email address
- Single account requirement (1 account per publisher person unless additional account authorized by BeFrugal)
- Cookies enabled
- BeFrugal is responsible for maintaining and tracking member's Cash Back and Bonuses. Cash Back earnings are calculated as the net sale amount (total sale adjusted for taxes, shipping and other fees) multiplied by the retailer's Cash Back percentage amount noted on BeFrugal.
- Members will receive payment via Check, PayPal, Direct Deposit, Venmo, Zelle or eGift Card. Payment via PayPal and Amazon gift card is available for all members. Payment via direct deposit, check or non-Amazon eGift Card is available for members residing in the US only.
- A member's payable account balance must reach a minimum withdrawal amount listed next to each payment method in order to be eligible for payment. Members may accept these updated Terms and Conditions to request a PayPal or Direct Deposit payment on any verified balance of $0.01 or greater.
- For lost checks, please contact us to request a stop payment. We will waive the stop-payment fee for the first lost check. For any subsequent lost checks, a $10 fee will be assessed.
- There is typically a 0.50% (or 0.005) fee on the total payment amount charged by PayPal to process international transactions. In instances when this international fee is charged on the PayPal transaction, it will be deducted from that member's Cash Back balance.
- U.S. mobile phone number is required for Venmo and Zelle payment methods. See Venmo terms here or Zelle terms here.
- BeFrugal members who elect to receive their payment via a eGift Card will get a cash bonus added to their payment request. Bonus amounts are specified next to each eGift Card payment method on the Payments page of the account.
- Cash Back payments will be sent to members on average within 1 business day of payment request.
- Payment requests can be made once every 15 days for amounts exceeding $25, or once every 30 days otherwise
- For eGift cards we are unable to re-issue an eGift card payment once it has been processed. Members will need to contact the retailer or vendor for any eGift card issues once payment has been processed.
- Member's balances are segregated and held in a restricted cash account maintained by BeFrugal.
- Members are responsible to keep their BeFrugal account information current.
- Depending on the tax laws in your city, state or country, members may be taxed on referral bonuses and prizes earned through BeFrugal. In all instances, members are solely responsible for any tax liability from your usage of BeFrugal.
- BeFrugal is not responsible for any lost mail or checks. For any re-issued check a stop payment fee will be incurred.
- BeFrugal is not responsible for changes made by retailer stores participating in the Cash Back program
- BeFrugal reserves the right to withhold payment of Cash Back rewards for suspected fraud, abuse of retailers or BeFrugal website, use of email spam to promote referrals, or for creating multiple user profiles. If you feel your Cash Back rewards are being withheld in error, please contact us. Any fraud or abuse relating to earning or receipt of Cash Back rewards, or any misrepresentation of information furnished to BeFrugal or its retailers partners by you or anyone acting on your behalf may result in the termination of your BeFrugal account and forfeiture of Cash Back rewards.
- The determination of whether or not a purchase qualifies for Cash Back is at the sole discretion of BeFrugal. If a retailer fails to report a transaction to BeFrugal or withholds payment to BeFrugal, BeFrugal reserves the right to cancel the Cash Back associated with that transaction. BeFrugal is not responsible for lost or stolen payments, or for payments delivered to the wrong address.
BeFrugal members are not permitted to use any paid promotional method for soliciting Cash Back
sales through their BeFrugal account or to earn referral bonuses. This includes, but is not
limited to, ppc ads through networks such as Google AdWords or Bing AdCenter, Facebook Ads, Twitter
Ads, email marketing, banner advertising, content/display ads, and retargeting.
Any member in violation of this policy will have their account banned and will forfeit all Cash Back and referral bonus earnings.
- Termination of any account without a notice can be made at BeFrugal's discretion.
- BeFrugal membership is free and there is no charge for Membership or for earning Cash Back. However, if your account is inactive for more than 365 days, it becomes dormant. BeFrugal reserves the right to debit dormant accounts $2.00 per month for maintenance until the account balance reaches zero. You will not be charged a maintenance fee if such a charge were to cause your Cash Back account balance to be negative. Also, if you have not been charged a maintenance fee in the month due, you will not be charged retroactively.
You can reactivate your dormant account by starting a shopping session via BeFrugal or via BeFrugal's applications. Once your account is reactivated, all maintenance fees can be voided by contacting BeFrugal support.
Cash Back Discrepancies:
If a member believes that Cash Back has not been accurately reported to his/her account, it is the responsibility of the member to submit a Cash Back inquiry via the BeFrugal customer support ticket form. Cash Back inquiries must be submitted no earlier than 7 days and no later than 60 days after the transaction date.
For most travel-related Cash Back, credit is issued over the course of two transactions. An initial reservation record of $0.00 will post within 7 days of your travel purchase. This indicates that the sale was traced from the travel site to BeFrugal. As a second step, a Cash Back credit on eligible portions of your booking will post within 60 days of completing your travel.
If no reservation record of $0.00 is posted in your account within 7 days of the travel purchase, please submit an inquiry. Such inquiries where no reservation record was posted must be submitted no later than 60 days following the travel purchase.
For purchases that do have a $0.00 reservation record, inquiries may be submitted for a longer period, up to six months following the travel purchase.
- Sign-Up Bonus (Welcome Bonus)
To earn a Sign-Up Bonus a member must join BeFrugal during a promotional period or via a link or web page on BeFrugal where such bonus is being promoted and fulfill the terms of the Sign-Up Bonus as stated at the time. Each member is eligible for a maximum of one Sign-Up Bonus.
Members eligible for a Sign-Up Bonus who have joined BeFrugal on or after Mar 29, 2018 must complete the bonus requirements within 365 days of join date. The Bonus becomes Payable, i.e. available for withdrawal, within 60-120 days after purchase date.
Members eligible for a Sign-Up Bonus who have joined BeFrugal between Jul 10, 2017 and Mar 28, 2018 must complete the bonus requirements within 90 days of join date in order to withdraw the Sign-Up Bonus.
All members eligible for a Sign-Up Bonus can find their Sign-Up Bonus terms in the Bonus Activity section of their account.
- Refer-a-Friend Bonus
The details of the current Refer-a-Friend bonus terms can be found here. The terms for the past Refer-a-Friend Bonus programs can be found in the Bonus Activity section of the account.
Refer-a-Friend bonuses become available for withdrawal when referred friends earn $10 in Cash Back within 1 year of their join date.
Members may earn multiple Refer-A-Friend Bonuses by referring multiple new members.
- Restaurant Bonus
To earn a Restaurant Bonus, a new member must submit their receipt via a BeFrugal extension during a promotional period and fulfill the terms as stated in the Bonuses table of the account. Each member is eligible for a maximum of one Restaurant Bonus.
Note that if a member received a Sign Up bonus, they are not eligible to earn a Restaurant Bonus. The reverse is also true, if a member received a Restaurant Bonus, they are not eligible to earn a Sign-Up Bonus.
Members may not abuse the bonus system by utilizing the use of bots, paid advertising, SPAM, fake personas, and/or other suspicious or fraudulent identity. If BeFrugal deems the program is being used for any illegal or fraudulent activity it will result in legal consequences, termination of member's account, forfeiture of any bonuses and Cash Back. Determination of bonus eligibility will be at the sole discretion of BeFrugal.
Free Product Offers (Free After Cash Back)
Periodically, BeFrugal may run specials in which new BeFrugal members are eligible to receive specified product(s) Free After Cash Back. To be eligible for a Free Product Offer, new members must create their BeFrugal account through the sign-up form that appears after clicking on 'Activate Free Product Offer' button. The member will then need to purchase the specific item from the specific retailer within defined time period to complete offer and earn Cash Back in an amount equal to the cost of the product. New members who sign up via a Free Product Offer are typically not eligible to earn a Sign-Up Bonus. Full terms for each Free Product Offer can be found on the offer's page.
Existing members may refer potential new members to Free Product Offer and will earn a Refer-a-Friend Bonus for each new member who joins BeFrugal and completes the Free Product Offer.
Extra Cash Back Offers
BeFrugal members may be presented with Extra Cash Back Offers via email and/or messaging on the BeFrugal website. Each Extra Cash Back Offer is available for select BeFrugal members only. Only one of each offer may be earned by eligible BeFrugal members.
To qualify for an Extra Cash Back Offer, BeFrugal member must complete requirements (e.g. minimum purchase amount) during the duration of the promotion, as listed in the Extra Cash Back Offer messaging. Extra Cash Back will be in addition to Cash Back normally earned from listed Cash Back rate(s). Extra Cash Back will be added as a bonus to BeFrugal member account balance within 14 days for all qualified members who have met Extra Cash Back offer requirements.
Reward Points Program
To participate in the BeFrugal Reward Points Program, you must have a BeFrugal account. The BeFrugal Reward Points program allows BeFrugal members to receive reward points for participation in activities on the BeFrugal applications and site. BeFrugal Reward Points can be converted to reward dollar amounts. Once points are converted to reward dollar amounts the rewards can be redeemed via the cash back payment options available to users on BeFrugal. Members should review the Payout Terms under the Cash Back Program for payment options available to users based on their location.
BeFrugal is responsible for maintaining and tracking member's points in the Reward Points Program. BeFrugal has the right to change the Reward Point Program at any time. BeFrugal is not responsible or liable for any rewards that were not properly tracked or recorded.
The BeFrugal Reward Points Program and Applications are provided to members "as is" and with no warranty. BeFrugal may terminate the Reward Points Program and Applications at any time with or without notice or reason. To the maximum extent permitted by law, BeFrugal disclaims all representations and warranties, express or implied, in regards to the Reward Points Program and Applications.
Members acknowledge and agree that BeFrugal does not have the ability, in every instance, to determine whether or not the Reward Points received or redeemed are considered reportable income or taxable earnings. Members are responsible for any and all tax liability arising from using BeFrugal.
The Reward Points Program is available for US and Canada residents only.
BeFrugal services are provided with no guarantee regarding price, terms, availability, quality or warranty. In addition to reviewing individual retailer's privacy policies, users should also carefully review their refund and return policies before making any purchases. BeFrugal does not accept payment for purchase made from other websites and therefore cannot provide refunds.
BeFrugal is not responsible or liable for any purchases made through participating retailer sites, nor is it required to provide support for such purchases. Complaints regarding any purchases should be directed to the retailer involved. Users of our services agree to not hold BeFrugal responsible for any and all damages arising from the use of this service and its associated links.
Although BeFrugal makes a significant effort to make sure published coupons and Cash Back rates are accurate, BeFrugal is not responsible for inaccuracies in coupons or Cash Back rates other than to the extent explicitly stated in the Coupon Guarantee and the Cash Back Guarantee.
BeFrugal Coupon Guarantee
How does the BeFrugal Coupon Guarantee work?
1. All online coupons on BeFrugal are guaranteed to work.
2. If you place an order through BeFrugal and the discount does not work, please contact us within 24 hours. Provide order/product details regarding your purchase.
3. After we verify your problem, we will add $5 to your BeFrugal account. Determination of eligibility will be at the sole discretion of BeFrugal.
Important: Publicly submitted coupons offered on BeFrugal browser extensions are excluded from the BeFrugal Coupon Guarantee.
You must ensure that your purchase meets all requirements. Please check for any exclusions or restrictions listed for the coupon on BeFrugal.com and on the store's website.
BeFrugal Highest Cash Back Guarantee
If you make a Cash Back eligible purchase through BeFrugal, and find a Cash Back rate on another Cash Back rewards site that is higher than the rate offered on BeFrugal, we will match 125% of the higher Cash Back rate.
1. You must have made a Cash Back eligible purchase through BeFrugal
2. Cash Back Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates offered by paid membership rewards sites or credit card rewards programs.
3. Limit one per store per member.
4. Maximum credit of $25 per transaction.
5. Submit your claim within 24 hours of purchase and include the following:
- Order receipt
- Store name
- Specific link to competitor with higher Cash Back rate
- Competitor Cash Back rate offered (in $ or %)
This guarantee does not cover Cash Back rates where there is not a direct equivalent rate listed at BeFrugal. Examples include, but are not limited to, promotional Cash Back rates offered only to individual members or a fixed number of members, or one-time use Cash Back rates.
Consent to Communications
Governing Law/Waiver of Injunctive Relief
This Agreement and all aspects of the Service will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the U.S. and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts governing contracts entered into and to be fully performed in Massachusetts (thus, without regard to conflict of laws provisions) regardless of your location. With respect to any disputes or claims not subject to informal dispute resolution or arbitration (as set forth below), you agree not to commence or prosecute any action in connection therewith other than in the state or federal courts located in Boston, Massachusetts, and you hereby consent to, and waive all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction and forum non conveniens with respect to, venue and jurisdiction in the state and federal courts located in Boston, Massachusetts.
You acknowledge that the rights granted and obligations made hereunder to BeFrugal are of a unique and irreplaceable nature, the loss of which will irreparably harm BeFrugal and which cannot be replaced by monetary damages alone, so that BeFrugal will be entitled to injunctive or other equitable relief (without the obligations of posting any bond or surety) in the event of any breach or anticipatory breach by you. You irrevocably waive all rights to seek injunctive or other equitable relief and agree to limit your claims to claims for monetary damages (if any).
To expedite resolution and control the cost of any dispute, controversy or claim related to this Agreement ("Dispute"), you and BeFrugal agree to first attempt to negotiate any Dispute (except those Disputes expressly provided below) informally for at least thirty (30) days before initiating any arbitration or court proceeding.
If you and BeFrugal are unable to resolve a Dispute through informal negotiations within 30 days, either you or BeFrugal may elect to have the Dispute (except those Disputes expressly excluded below) finally and exclusively resolved by binding arbitration. Any election to arbitrate by one party will be final and binding on the other. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ABSENT THIS PROVISION, YOU WOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT AND HAVE A JURY TRIAL. The arbitration will be commenced and conducted under the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures (the “Rules”) of JAMS, which is available at the JAMS website www.jamsadr.com. The determination of whether a Dispute is subject to arbitration will be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act and determined by a court rather than an arbitrator. Your arbitration fees and your share of arbitrator compensation will be governed by the Rules. The arbitration may be conducted in person, through the submission of documents, by phone or online. The arbitrator will make a decision in writing, but need not provide a statement of reasons unless requested by a party. The arbitrator must follow applicable law, and any award may be challenged if the arbitrator fails to do so.
Notwithstanding the above, you and BeFrugal agree that arbitration will be limited to the Dispute between BeFrugal and you individually. To the full extent permitted by law, (a) no arbitration will be joined with any other; (b) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be arbitrated on a class-action basis or to utilize class action procedures; and (c) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public or any other persons.
You and BeFrugal agree that the following Disputes are not subject to the above provisions concerning informal negotiations and binding arbitration: (a) any Disputes seeking to enforce or protect, or concerning the validity of, any of your or BeFrugal’s intellectual property rights; (b) any Dispute related to, or arising from, allegations of theft, piracy, invasion of privacy or unauthorized use; and (c) any claim for injunctive relief or to compel arbitration, stay proceedings pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.
Use of this Website
This site is for personal use only and may only be copied or distributed as such. No person or organization may use, or reproduce in any form, any part of BeFrugal for commercial purposes without prior written consent. Any reproduction, duplication, distribution, publication, modification, or transmission of material from this site is strictly prohibited. Material covered by this prohibition includes, but is not limited to, any text, graphics, logos, photographs.
Any questions or concerns regarding our Terms and Conditions should be submitted using our contact page.