- 1. Information Collection and Sharing
- 1.1 Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- 1.2 Promotional Mailings
- 1.3 Personally Identifiable Information (Applies only to Cash Back Participants)
- 1.4 Browser Extensions
- 1.5 Mobile Apps
- 1.6 Feedback form
- 1.7 Customer Testimonials
- 1.8 Blogs
- 1.9 Chat
- 1.10 Refer a friend-Third Party Personally Identifiable Information
- 1.11 Log files
- 1.12 Legal Disclaimer
- 2. Links to Third Party Websites
- 3. Cookies Policy
- 3.1 What are cookies?
- 3.2 What do our cookies do for you?
- 3.3 What do Third Party cookies do for you?
- 3.5 How do I Opt Out of Cookies
- 3.6 Widgets
- 4. Editing Your Personal Data/Choice to Opt Out
- 5. Managing your Email Subscriptions
- 6. Security
- 7. Data Retention
- 8. California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- 9. Transferring of Personal Data From Other Countries
- 11. Contact Us
1. Information Collection and Sharing
Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
BeFrugal is committed to protecting users' privacy. Users are not required to provide any Personally Identifiable Information in order to use this site.
However, visitors wishing to take advantage of our special offers may be asked to provide their email address and as much of the following information as they are willing to provide: name, gender, age, and personal interests. Contest winners will be required to provide the information necessary to deliver their prizes to them.
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as our Live Chat powered by Olark or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
During the registration process, postal address information is collected and saved in your BeFrugal account. This may be used to send periodic promotions, such as postcards or other mailings from BeFrugal. Your address will not be given or sold to any third parties nor will BeFrugal send any Third Party promotional mailings.
Personally Identifiable Information (Applies only to Cash Back Participants)
Cash Back members will be required to provide their full names and mailing address for all payout methods in order for BeFrugal to provide them with their payment.
The payout methods are:
- Direct Deposit
- eGift Card
Direct Deposit account numbers will be immediately encrypted using 256 bit encryption.
In the event that a user opens a cash back inquiry, BeFrugal will send any relevant inquiry details to the retailers and the affiliate network on the user's behalf.
Cash Back members receiving bonus payments in excess of $600 will be required to provide a social security number or Tax ID (TIN) as required by the Federal Government for tax purposes.
BeFrugal.com's browser extensions automatically collect certain information in order to function properly and to help us better understand how our products work on various devices and browsers. Information collected may include devices used, IP addresses, operating system, browsers, error logs, and other similar information. This allows us to improve your experience.
On retailer websites, in order to award Cash Back and show coupons, we track browsing, transaction activity, and collect information on coupons used. You can opt out of sharing your shopping experience anytime on the settings page of the BeFrugal browser extensions.
Our mobile apps may share PII such as hashed information and device identifiers to third party service providers to facilitate your purchases, rewards, and special targeted offers and Cash Back rates.
We have an optional feedback/contact us form available that requires responders to provide their name and email address. People who do not want to provide their name and email address should avoid the feedback form.
We post customer testimonials on our website which may contain Personally Identifiable Information such as the customer name. Reviews are solicited via a Third Party website from an unbiased sampling of our customers. When a review or testimonial is submitted to BeFrugal directly, we obtain the customer's consent prior to posting their name and testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, please contact us.
Our Web site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your Personally Identifiable Information from our blog or community forum, contact us.
We use a chat feature to assist you with any questions you may have while using the site. If our chat feature is offline we might collect your name and email address so that we may reply to your request.
Refer a friend-Third Party Personally Identifiable Information
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our site, we will ask you for your friend's name and email address. We will automatically send your friend an email inviting him or her to visit the site. Capital Intellect, Inc. stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this email. We may send more than one email. Your friend may contact us to request that we remove this information from our database. Also referees may see the referrer's e-mail address, and referrers will know whether referees' account balances have reached the payout threshold. Further, referrers may also be shown a partial copy of the referee's email address.
As is true of most websites, we automatically gather certain information that is stored in our servers log files. This information includes Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
As needed, BeFrugal may aggregate data collected from log files to demonstrate usage information from our website for prospective merchants.
In certain situations, Capital Intellect, Inc. may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet law enforcement requirements. We reserve the right to disclose users' Personally Identifiable Information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety to others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request, and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our website.
If Capital Intellect, Inc. is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website, of any change in ownership, uses of your Personally Identifiable Information, and choices you may have regarding your Personally Identifiable Information.
We may also disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to any other Third Party with your prior consent.
2. Links to Third Party Websites
This website publishes links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by Capital Intellect, Inc. Please be aware that Capital Intellect, Inc. is not responsible for the privacy practices of these sites.
We encourage users to be aware that clicking special offers or coupons will redirect them to various merchant websites. It is important to read individual merchant's privacy policies before making purchases or entering any Personally Identifiable Information.
These links may contain tracking parameters that tie the user's shopping activity back to the user's personal BeFrugal account. Retailers or affiliate networks will report this activity to BeFrugal, which BeFrugal will then use to pay cashback. This tracking can be disabled by opting out.
Rakuten Marketing Privacy Statement
The policy below is from Rakuten Marketing and applies to Rakuten Marketing links and content on BeFrugal.
3. Cookies Policy
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your device and provide us with the ability to track, store, and collect information.
What do our cookies do for you?
- Track your shopping transactions. When you make a purchase at a retailer's site, cookies provide the details for tracking your cash back activity. We learn when you have visited the site, if you have made a purchase, the validation of the purchase, or cancellation.
- Recognize that you have signed in so that you do not have to log into your account for a period of time
- Tell us how you came to our site and whether any referral bonuses apply
- Offer you deals based on your site behavior
- Help identify fraudulent activity
- Provide analytics and reporting
- Remember options you have selected for your account settings
What do Third Party cookies do for you?
- Third Party advertisers may display advertising on our site or manage our advertising on other sites
- Gather information about your activities on this site and other sites to provide you with advertising based on your browsing activities and interests. Retailers who you visit from BeFrugal may place cookies on your device. Retailers you visit will be have their own Cookies and Privacy Policies.
- Serve ads on our site based on past visits to our site
- We also use Third Party cookies to gather information for analytics/reporting
- You can control cookies at the browser level.
- If you disable cookies you will not earn Cash Back from BeFrugal.
How do I Opt Out of Cookies
- If you choose to opt-out of Third Party Cookies placed by Google and its advertisers click here
- If you wish to opt-out of other Third Party advertisers click here
4. Editing Your Personal Data/Choice to Opt Out
- You can make changes below to your Personal Data by accessing the Profile Page of your BeFrugal account
- You can delete your personal data. Contact us if you wish to delete your account from our system. We will respond to you within a reasonable timeframe.
- Upon request BeFrugal will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information.
- You can access your personal account history/data on your account page. If you have any questions about accessing this data, cannot find data that you are interested in, or need assistance accessing this data in another format, please contact support.
5. Managing your Email Subscriptions
- You can manage your email subscriptions on the Email Subscription page of your BeFrugal Account. This allows you to opt-in or opt-out from different email categories or unsubscribe from all communications in one click.
- You can also unsubscribe from all communications by clicking the unsubscribe link on the bottom of each email or click here.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personally Identifiable Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
7. Data Retention
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact support. However, we reserve the right to retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
8. California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Effective January 1, 2020, under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), BeFrugal customers located in the state of California with questions or requests relating to their account status, including CCPA requests, should contact us via the Contact Us Form.
BeFrugal customers residing in California will also be eligible to make CCPA requests via email using email@example.com
Any requests not relating to CCPA sent to this email address will not be fulfilled, nor will requests originating from members or non-members who are not current residents of California.
11. Contact Us
You may also mail us your questions or suggestions to us at the following address:BeFrugal
Capital Intellect Inc.
P.O. Box 51607
Boston, MA 02205
Couldn't find the answer you were looking for? We have Live Chat available:
M-F 8:30am - 4:30pm ET
Send us a Message. We respond to all inquiries the same business day.My Support Tickets
In this section you will find a list of the support tickets that you have submitted.