How does BeFrugal Cash Back work?
• To earn Cash Back, you must be logged into your BeFrugal account.
• You can find retailers that are paying Cash Back and the amount of Cash Back they are paying on BeFrugal.
• Click on the 'Shop Now' button or on any Cash Back eligible coupon or deal and you will be taken to the retailer's website. Complete your purchase and Cash Back will be added to your BeFrugal account within 7 days.
• When you click on links from BeFrugal's website, it sets a special cookie in your internet browser. This cookie indicates to the store that you came from BeFrugal. This is how the store knows to report the sales and Cash Back you earned to your BeFrugal account.
Why does BeFrugal pay me Cash Back?
BeFrugal partners with over 5000 retailers to bring you the latest money-saving opportunities. These companies pay BeFrugal a commission for bringing new sales to their websites. We share this commission with you in the form of Cash Back. The more people we bring to a retailer, the better Cash Back rates BeFrugal can negotiate. It's a win-win!
What is a Shopping Trip?
Anywhere on the BeFrugal website or in a BeFrugal email, phone app or browser add-on, all of your clicks on any Coupon, Deal or Shop Now button are recorded in the Shopping Trips table.
A cash-back-eligible click will always have a click number. If you ever need to inquire about missing Cash Back, this number comes in handy when contacting BeFrugal support.
If the cash-back-eligible click results in a purchase, the store will notify BeFrugal about your order within 7 days or less and a green money bag icon will appear next to your Shopping Trip, indicating that you have received Cash Back for your purchase.
Missing Cash Back?
Most stores will report your Cash Back earnings within 24 to 48 hours of a completed purchase. Some may take up to 7 days to report this. If after 7 days you do not see Cash Back in your account or the amount of Cash Back does not meet your expectations, please submit a Cash Back inquiry. All Cash Back inquiries must be submitted within 60 days of the completed transaction.
Note that for most travel transactions, Cash Back may not be credited to your account until up to 60 days after the reservation has been completed.
Submit a Missing Cash Back Inquiry >
How can I ensure that my Cash Back gets tracked?
While most Cash Back credits are reported automatically to your account by stores within 7 days, occasionally you may find a store that did not track your order. There are several ways to improve your tracking results.
1. When shopping via browser, such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc., be sure to disable all AdBlocking and Shopping add-ons, including Coupons, Cash Back, Price-comparison and donations extensions.
2. If shopping on your iPhone/iPad in the Safari browser, make sure Safari does not auto-launch retailers' apps installed on your device. With the jump from Safari into an app, your Cash Back tracking cookie will be lost and no Cash Back will be earned. To avoid the issue, simply delete the app.
3. Verify that your browser is set to accept third-party cookies.
4. Begin your shopping session at BeFrugal with an empty shopping cart.
5. Once you click through a Cash Back eligible link from BeFrugal, complete your purchase on the retailer's website in a timely manner without browsing other pages.
6. When applying coupons, remember to use only those offered by BeFrugal. Using coupons from any other source might disqualify your purchase for Cash Back eligibility.
7. Do not use gift cards or store credit cards to pay for your order.
8. Contacting merchant to modify your order via email, merchant's website, online form or phone will void Cash Back. If you need to change your order, it is best to cancel the entire order and then re-purchase through BeFrugal.
Use the BeFrugal Shopping Add-On to make it simpler to earn Cash Back and to ensure that you will not miss Cash Back and latest coupons while shopping online.
When do I get paid?
Payments of Cash Back to members will be sent within 10 business days of payment request.
How do I edit my email/password?
On the Profile page, you can update your password and email address, as well as any other information about yourself.
If you have not previously done so, you will need to confirm your email address to access your BeFrugal account.
If you cannot login to your account, on the Login pop-up, click on Forgot Password? You will then receive an email with a link that will allow you to create a new password.
If you have already logged in, find 'My Account' at the top of the BeFrugal site and, on the Profile page, click on 'Change Password.'
To change your current BeFrugal email, log into your member account. On the Profile page, click on 'Change Email.'
How do I request my Cash Back?
Visit the Payments page of your account to select your preferred payment method and request a payment.
You need to accumulate the minimum amount, specified on the Payments page, to be able to request your Cash Back payment.
You will receive your payment via check, Direct Deposit to U.S. Bank Account, PayPal or gift card.
What payout options are available?
Check - Available in US only. Minimal withdrawal $25.
Direct Deposit to Bank Account - Available in US only. Minimal withdrawal $25.
PayPal - Minimal withdrawal $0.01 (Some older BeFrugal accounts may need to accept the latest BeFrugal Terms & Conditions to enable $0.01 minimal withdrawal. On the Payments page, directly below the Payment Method section, click on the 'Read & Accept Terms' link to accept the new terms. Only accounts that need to accept the latest terms will display this link).
Gift Cards - Minimal withdrawal is specified next to each gift card type. A listed bonus is automatically added to the gift card payment requests.
When do I receive my Cash Back?
Earned Cash Back will remain as verified in your member account for between 30 to 90 days based on the return policy of the retailer as well as the store's payment cycle with BeFrugal. We provide you with an estimated payment date to let you know approximately when most sales will become payable.
BeFrugal doesn't receive payment until this period has passed. Once we get paid, we can pay you!