Cash Back FAQ
How does BeFrugal Cash Back work?
• To earn Cash Back, you must be logged into your BeFrugal account.
• You can find retailers that are paying Cash Back and the amount of Cash Back they are paying on BeFrugal.
• Click on the 'Shop Now' button or on any Cash Back eligible coupon or deal and you will be taken to the retailer's website. Complete your purchase and Cash Back will be added to your BeFrugal account within 7 days.
• When you click on links from BeFrugal's website, it sets a special cookie in your internet browser. This cookie indicates to the store that you came from BeFrugal. This is how the store knows to report the sales and Cash Back you earned to your BeFrugal account.
Why does BeFrugal pay me Cash Back?
BeFrugal partners with over 5000 retailers to bring you the latest money-saving opportunities. These companies pay BeFrugal a commission for bringing new sales to their websites. We share this commission with you in the form of Cash Back. The more people we bring to a retailer, the better Cash Back rates BeFrugal can negotiate. It's a win-win!
How do I get my Welcome Bonus?
To earn a Welcome Bonus a member must join BeFrugal during a promotional period or via a link or web page on BeFrugal where such bonus is being promoted.
To check the status and requirements for any bonuses, please check the Bonus Activity section of your account. See full terms.
Missing Cash Back?
Most stores will report your Cash Back earnings within 24 to 48 hours of a completed purchase. Some may take up to 7 days to report this. If after 7 days you do not see Cash Back in your account or the amount of Cash Back does not meet your expectations, please submit a Cash Back inquiry. All Cash Back inquiries must be submitted within 60 days of the completed transaction.
Note that for most travel transactions, reported Cash Back may not become payable until up to 90 days after the reservation has been completed.
What is a Shopping Trip?
Anywhere on the BeFrugal website or in a BeFrugal email, phone app or browser add-on, all of your clicks on any Coupon, Deal or Shop Now button are recorded in the Shopping Trips table.
A cash-back-eligible click will always have a Click ID. If you ever need to inquire about missing Cash Back, this number comes in handy when contacting BeFrugal support.
If the cash-back-eligible click results in a purchase, the store will notify BeFrugal about your order within 7 days or less and a green money bag icon will appear next to your Shopping Trip, indicating that you have received Cash Back for your purchase.
What if my Cash Back has not appeared in my account after seven days?
If after 7 days you do not see Cash Back in your account or the amount of Cash Back does not meet your expectations, please submit a Cash Back inquiry. All Cash Back inquiries must be submitted within 60 days of the completed transaction.
How can I ensure that my Cash Back gets tracked?
The easiest way to ensure a successful BeFrugal Cash Back tracking is to install our Chrome browser add-on, BeFrugal extension, and run its built-in tool that disables conflicting extensions. These conflicting extensions take over BeFrugal Cash Back cookies – the main cause for missing Cash Back.
1. Download our Chrome BeFrugal extension
2. Disable the conflicting extensions in the Settings of the BeFrugal extension. Click on the BeFrugal extension (a pig icon at the top-right of the Chrome browser), select Settings within the BeFrugal add-on dialog, and then click on the "Disable Conflicting Add-ons". See short video
Repeat this periodically, especially if you keep adding more add-ons, to make sure new add-ons are not taking over your BeFrugal Cash Back cookies.
Other ways to improve your BeFrugal Cash Back tracking results:
• When shopping via browser, such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc., be sure to disable all AdBlocking and Shopping add-ons, including Coupons, Cash Back, Price-comparison and donations extensions.
• If shopping on your iPhone/iPad in the Safari browser, make sure Safari does not auto-launch retailers' apps installed on your device. With the jump from Safari into an app, your Cash Back tracking cookie will be lost and no Cash Back will be earned. To avoid the issue, simply delete the app.
• Verify that your browser is set to accept third-party cookies.
• Begin your shopping session at BeFrugal with an empty shopping cart.
• Once you click through a Cash Back eligible link from BeFrugal, complete your purchase on the retailer's website in a timely manner without browsing other pages.
• When applying coupons, remember to use only those offered by BeFrugal. Using coupons from any other source might disqualify your purchase for Cash Back eligibility.
• Do not use gift cards or store credit cards to pay for your order.
• Contacting merchant to modify your order via email, merchant's website, online form or phone will void Cash Back. If you need to change your order, it is best to cancel the entire order and then re-purchase through BeFrugal.
Can I use coupon codes and earn Cash Back?
To ensure Cash Back, only use coupons posted on BeFrugal. If you choose to apply a coupon that is not posted on BeFrugal, we are unable to guarantee that you will receive Cash Back on your purchase.
Can I earn Cash Back on gift card purchase or redemption?
Most stores do not offer Cash Back either on purchases of gift cards or on purchases paid with gift cards, even if a gift card is used only as a partial payment.
Unless it is explicitly stated on BeFrugal in an individual store's Cash Back terms and conditions that the store pays Cash Back on purchases of gift cards or on orders paid with gift cards, you should assume that Cash Back is not available.
What if I need to modify, exchange, or return all or part of an order?
Changing an order after it has been placed may void your eligibility for Cash Back. Changes include but are not limited to, returning an order, modifying an order, placing an exchange, or returning part of an order. In order to receive Cash Back on an order that must be changed, cancel your order and make a new one through your BeFrugal member account.
Can Adblock and other toolbars/add-ons prevent me from earning Cash Back?
Yes, add-ons such as Adblock may interfere with your Cash Back tracking. To ensure Cash Back earnings, temporarily disable AdBlock and similar add-ons prior to your shopping via BeFrugal.
Additionally, third party coupon or Cash Back toolbars can redirect your Cash Back credit to another shopping portal or affiliate. Make sure to disable or uninstall them before using BeFrugal.
What is the difference between Verified and Payable Cash Back?
Verified Cash Back appears in your account when BeFrugal receives your order information from a store. Allow up to 7 days for a store to report your order to us. Verified Cash Back is not yet eligible for payment. Verified Cash Back becomes eligible for payment once BeFrugal receives commission for your order, typically within 30 to 90 days of purchase, depending on the store.
Why was my Cash Back inquiry declined?
When Cash Back fails to report to your account or gets reported with unexpected results, contact BeFrugal support and we will submit a Cash Back inquiry to the retailer on your behalf. During this process, we supply your order information to the retailer via their affiliate network. Most stores respond to Cash Back inquiries within 30 to 90 days, either approving or declining an inquiry.
If your inquiry has been submitted to the retailer and declined, this means that the retailer has reviewed the information submitted and determined that BeFrugal is not eligible for a commission on the purchase. Some stores may provide a brief explanation for why this was not eligible, while others may provide no information at all. Common causes for an inquiry to be declined include other shopping sites or search engines receiving credit, using a coupon code not eligible for Cash Back, or having software from another shopping website installed.
Once an inquiry has been declined, we are unable to provide Cash Back for this purchase.
What is the BeFrugal Best Cash Back Rate Guarantee?
BeFrugal provides the Best Cash Back Rate Guarantee. If you make a Cash Back eligible purchase through BeFrugal, and find a higher Cash Back rate elsewhere, we will match it 125%. Please contact us within 24 hours of your purchase with your receipt, the store name, the higher Cash Back rate offered, and a link to other site's Cash Back rate. Read all the details here.
Is BeFrugal available outside of the United States of America?
BeFrugal does accommodate citizens outside the US. All of our coupons as well as our Cash Back program work properly for residents of most countries. However, printable coupons often have location restrictions, and these will typically be stated in the fine print.
Payments to BeFrugal members outside the US are possible through Amazon.com Gift Card or PayPal. There is 0.5% fee charged by PayPal to process international payments. In instances when this international fee is charged to pay a BeFrugal member, it will be deducted from that member's Cash Back balance.
Why did a store reverse my Cash Back?
Making any modifications to your purchase after the initial completion would be grounds for a Cash Back retraction.
For example, return, exchange, quantity change, adding/removing items, or calling the store to assist with the order.
Merchants may also reverse Cash Back if they find that your order did not qualify for Cash Back credit, either per their terms, which are available for you to view on BeFrugal, on the store's Cash Back page, or due to a non-eligible coupon code or payment method being applied.
• A non-eligible coupon code could be any coupon not found directly on BeFrugal, including coupons from other Cash Back websites, member exclusive emails, catalogs, and even the retailer's official website.
• A non-eligible payment method includes gift cards, store credit, and rewards points.
If one of your Cash Back credits was retracted and you do not believe any of the above reasons explains it, please submit a Cash Back inquiry so that we can better assist you.